Hello everyone hope you are well. Today I wanna talk about how to choose white shirts as I love them and I have been wearing them pretty much my whole life. So here are five points to consider while buying a white shirt:
- If you are looking for a crisp white shirt just go for it and don't settle for an off-white or cream or nude one. I find people often end up buying these alternatives as there's this notion that whites are difficult to maintain. Trust me, it's not that difficult. You just become more careful with your shirt. That's all. No other shirt can give the look & feel of a good crisp white shirt.
- For me the material is the most important. I am totally into 100% cotton or linen ones as I have embraced the wrinkles. If you do not mind wrinkles, light weight cotton & linen ones are the best. Silk is another great option if the weather is not too hot.
- Before buying a shirt, one should wear it & check it thoroughly. I do not just stand in front of the trial room mirror, I walk around, sit, lift both arms, tuck it in/out and see how it fits me. Also to check is whether there is any gap in between the buttons when you move. Gap is a big no no as it means either the shirt does not fit you or something is not right with the design.
- The collar should not be too stiff as it will irritate the neck. Though the one I am wearing here has no pockets, I prefer two pockets over one or no pocket and the important thing is pockets should not be too small or else it looks silly (to me at least).
- One should always read the care/wash instructions. For example, if you are not a dry clean person, there is no point getting one which requires dry cleaning.
That's all I wanna share today. So do you also love white shirts? Lemme know how you choose yours. Till next time, bye.
Shirt - Next | Skirt - M&S | Shoes - Nike